8Grade 7—Unit 9
KidBlog, Blogger, Discussion Board in your LMS
- Acknowledge that even as children of God, we are not perfect; we continue to sin, but we can also continue to trust in God’s forgiveness.
- Recognize that the new life we live is based on the righteousness Jesus gives to us and the sanctifying power that the Holy Spirit works in us.
- Serve the Lord as enabled and empowered people, led by His great gifts to us.
Duration of Project:
Consider spreading this project out over a month. By giving students one area of the Table of Duties to write about every few days, it will keep your students from feeling overwhelmed by the scope of the project.
Lesson 92 spends a lesson going over the Table of Duties (from the Small Catechism) with your students. This table, or list, is a key part of the doctrine of vocation.
Using your favorite blogging platform, have your students write the Table of Duties in their own language. Have them explain what each Scripture reference means in our Christian life.
Here are all of the categories to include:
- To Bishops, Pastors, and Preachers
- What the Hearers Owe Their Pastors
- Of Civil Government
- Of Citizens
- To Husbands
- To Wives
- To Parents
- To Children
- To Workers of All Kinds
- To Employers and Supervisors
- To Youth
- To Widows
- To Everyone
Digital Citizenship Connection:
As students are writing their blog posts, encourage them to read and comment on other classmates’ posts. Here are some examples of standards for you to use in your expectations:
- Students write in full sentences.
- Students need to respond to at least two different classmates’ posts.
- Students should keep comments positive and uplifting.
- When students find a disagreement, they should pose that disagreement as a question rather than a direct statement.
For students who struggle with writing, scaffold the activity leading up to the writing so they can digest it in smaller chunks. Have students write down what they know first and then what they will need to learn to make their post successful. This will help give them a road map for confidence in their writing.
For students who well with this type of assignments without much direction, challenge them to be creative in their presentation. Have them find a video or images to embed in their post as supporting content for each area.